Editorial Director@ USA
JOB TITLE: Editorial Director
About Planet Home: Planet Home, LLC. is an environmental solution-focused platform created by and for thinkers and change-makers who are dedicated to solving our planet’s greatest challenges. We gather people of diverse backgrounds to create, discover, and celebrate world-changing ideas and innovations that address major issues faced by our ecosystem: climate, water, energy, waste, and biodiversity.
Through non and for-profit investments, immersive events, and compelling content, we educate, empower, and inspire others to build a greener, more sustainable future for the world we live in. Our goal is to connect our global community to data-driven solutions through engaging, accessible resources to help people make a positive impact on the environment through their everyday actions.
We’ve recently organized an industry-focused business unit at Planet Home that leverages our database of sustainably-minded business people working in the private and public sectors. We believe a company’s environmental record is an important part of modern organizations’ vendor selection process and are organized to support market forces to make our planet healthier.
Planet Home is seeking an Editorial Director who will guide our Solutionist 100 Index while overseeing and crafting engaging content that takes into account the perspectives of business and planetary health. The ideal candidate has a background that includes both business and environmental journalism or communications. The editorial mission is to identify and cover the important topics and people working every day to improve our climate.
Duties of this position include:
- Craft content that sustains readers’ curiosity and creates buzz around Planet Home media, events, and products
- Oversee editorial efforts and coverage of Solutionist 100 Index
- Manage relationships among the PH network to identify and deploy guest hosts and contributors.
- Strategically manage audience engagement to grow Planet Home’s online following
- Manage a team of content contributors, editing and fact-checking submissions, managing deadlines, updating the content calendar, and ensuring that content is well-written, on-brand, and editorially sound.
- Embody the Planet Home brand voice and values
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of work experience in journalism or communications with significant experience coving business and planetary health
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Ability to deliver high quality, creative content (text, image, and video)
- Very strong writing and editing skills for both short and long-form content
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Excellent communication, multitasking, and skills
- Ability to address multiple tasks and unforeseen developments which require level-headedness and purpose
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Passion for the environment and protecting the planet
- Understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to use creative production tools such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- Proficiency with WordPress or other content management systems