Last Modified: September 25, 2018
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, phone number, location, company and job title information, payment information, and e-mail address when you register for our Service, sign up for an Event, sign up for our mailing list, enter a contest or sweepstakes, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and PLANET HOME and any other information you provide to PLANET HOME.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. We collect information about how you use the Service, your actions on the Service, and content you post to the Service, including the groups you belong to, your interaction with your friends and with others on the Service, and photos and videos you post to the Service, and any content you provide through in-app messages, chat, or other functionality (“User Content“). To share photos and video, we will access your device camera roll and camera with your permission. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device. Please remember that PLANET HOME may, but has no obligation to, monitor, record, and store User Content in order to protect your safety or the safety of other users, to assist with regulatory or law enforcement efforts, or to protect and defend our rights and property. By using the Service, you consent to the recording, storage and disclosure of such communications you send or receive for these purposes.
- Information we receive from third party sites you connect to our Service. We may receive personal information about you from third parties and combine that with information we collect through our Service. For example, we may obtain information when you login through a third party social network or authentication service, such as Facebook or Google. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include your name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. Similarly, when you interact with us through a social media site or third party service, such as when you like, follow or share PLANET HOME content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, picture, user ID associated with your social media account, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive from these third party sites is dependent upon that third party’s policies and your privacy settings on that third party site. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Event Information. If you attend an Event, we may collect information from you in connection with an event participation release, or any other release in connection with any one of our events. If you attend an Event that provides RFID or NFC Attendee Badges, we may, with your consent scan your Attendee Badge, which may provide to us additional information such as your name, title, company name, address, phone number, email address and information regarding your participation at the Event, such as sessions attended.
- Address Book Information. With your permission, PLANET HOME may access your contact list available on your mobile device, such as in your Google account so that you can locate your friends and contacts on the Service and invite your friends and contacts to connect with our Service. When we send the invitation to your contact to join the Service, we may include your name and photo to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf, which may also include your name and photo. We will not use the information contained in your Address Book for any purpose other than to send invitations to your contacts at your request.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties, such as third party providers that manage event registration, and other users, such as sponsors or partners. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, and permit you to communicate with others on the Service or on social media or invite others to join the Service. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). We may also use any information you provide to us in connection with an event participation release, or similar release, in accordance with the terms of such release. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Control Over Your Information” below.
We, and our third party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, file information and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we collect information about your device and its software, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account, and other such information. We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our website, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service. If you access our Service from a mobile device, we may collect unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google AdID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which permit us to recognize and contact you across multiple devices. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) recognize and contact you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it. Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects – including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies – on Adobe’s website or by clicking here. If you choose to delete Flash objects from our sites, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the sites or benefit from the information and services offered.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- The public and other members of the Service. Your profile information and content you post to public areas of the Service, including public groups, will be viewable by others on the Service and the public. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions in your Settings (see “Control Over Your Information” below);
- Other Users of the Service. We share your information with third parties with whom you communicate with on the Service. You control who you want to communicate with and what information you share;
- Third parties in connection with managing Event registrations and attendance: We may process and share your information to plan and host Events for which you have registered or that you plan to attend, including sending related communications to you;
- If you attend an Event organized by us, by allowing your Attendee Badge to be scanned at a sponsor booth, with sponsors of the Event. In these circumstances, your information will be subject to the sponsors’ privacy statements;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on PLANET HOME with your friends through email, text or on various social media sites;
- Other companies and brands owned or controlled by Equilibrium Management LLC and other companies owned by or under common ownership as PLANET HOME, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third parties with whom we partner to provide contests and sweepstakes, which will usually be identified by name in the Official Rules of the contest or sweepstakes;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include event registration services, identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing services, providing tax and accounting services, contest fulfilment, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- The public when you provide feedback or user content on our Sites. For example, if you post User Content on our blog or comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our website or on our social media pages;
- Other parties in connection with a PLANET HOME transaction, such as a merger, sale of PLANET HOME assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another PLANET HOME or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Remember, our Service may allow you to connect and interact with other Users. If you opt in to share such information, we will share your profile information, including your name, photo, and other personal information.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Profile and Data Sharing Settings. If you have an account, you may update your profile information, such as your user name and profile photo, and may change some of your data sharing preferences by emailing us at [email protected]
Access to your Device Information. You may control the App’s access to your device information through your “Settings” app on your device. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the app to access your address book, location, photo stream and camera.
How to Control your Communications Preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or Deleting your Information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at [email protected] We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
5. THIRD PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
We may share, or we may permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect, information about your use of our Service over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps or services, including on Facebook. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site and other information. We, or our third party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you use our Service. We may also work with third party partners who employ tracking technologies, or the application of statistical modeling tools, to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this information to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
As noted above, depending on your browser or mobile device, you may be able set your browser to delete or notify you of cookies and other tracking technology by actively managing the settings on your browser or mobile device. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices, and you may also adjust your ad preferences through your Facebook settings. Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use. Some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, if you use a different device, change browsers or delete the opt-out cookie, you may need to perform the opt-out task again. You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
6. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: We care about the security of your information and employ physical, administrative, and technological safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through our website. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
PLANET HOME does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Service. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party sites.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US