Last Modified: June 8, 2021
1. This Policy
2. Changes to this Policy
This Policy may be amended or updated from time to time to reflect changes in our practices with respect to the Processing of Personal Data, or changes in applicable law. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully, and to regularly check this page to review any changes we might make in accordance with the terms of this Policy. In the event of a material change to our privacy practices, we will give you notice by emailing you at your email address on record and your continued use constitutes acceptance of our updated privacy practices. If you object to any changes, you may close your account.
3. Processing Personal Data
Collection of Personal Data: We may collect Personal Data about you, such as your name, address, and contact details. Examples of sources from which we may collect Personal Data include the following:
- We may obtain your Personal Data when you provide it to us (e.g., when you sign up to the Planet Home network, when you wish to attend one of our events, when you participate via our Actions Platform, wish to receive emails from us, sign up to our newsletter, enter into one of our contests or sweepstakes, purchase merchandise or other items from our online store, contact us via email, through our website, telephone, contact form, or by any other means).
- We may collect your Personal Data when you register for an event (the complete form is available on our webpage or eventbrite.com; you can enter optional payment details via Eventbrite); for web shop purchases through Spotify checkout, account creation and payment details; and when you create an account via our actions platforms and provide information to us that will be connected to your profile.
- We may collect your Personal Data in the ordinary course of our relationship with you (e.g., in the course of administering your Planet Home account or in providing you our services).
- We may collect Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via our Site.
- We may receive your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us, including from those third parties which you may have provided your Personal Data to attend one of our events (e.g., Eventbrite) or when you reach out to us via social media (e.g. via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google) or apply for a job (e.g., via LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor, or other job posting sites).
- We may collect or obtain Personal Data when you visit our Site, or use any features or resources available on or through our Site. When you visit our Site, your device and browser will automatically disclose certain information, some of which may constitute Personal Data (see below).
- When you opt-in via our website to receive marketing communication
Use of Personal Data: We may use such information about you to control access to live and virtual events; to determine what future events to invite you to; to inform about internal sales and marketing activities; and to provide transactional communications related to Actions Platform.
Creation of Personal Data: We may also create Personal Data about you, such as records of your interactions using our Site, and details of your account history.
Categories of Personal Data: The categories of Personal Data about you that we may Process include:
- Personal details: first and last name; username; pronoun; who invited you to our Platform; profile photo; date of birth; password or sign-in with a Social Network Account; and your account settings.
- Contact details: email address, phone number; physical address; city; state/region; postal code; country;
- Professional details: company name; industry; your organization’s website; company size; job title; work history; bio link; professional profile details; association memberships; and qualifications.
- Device details: device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, mobile device IP, geolocation, language settings, dates and times of connecting to our Site and other technical communications information (for example, to enable your request to transmit data to your server) .
- Payment details: Planet Home may use third party payment processors (we currently use Stripe) for the Processing of payment details, subject to the requirements described in Section (4).
- Usage details: records of your use of our Site and other services, including: registration details; details of content with which you interact; questions; downloads; purchases; ratings; feedback; search queries; anonymous viewings; page views; metadata related to product usage and analytics on use of your services.
- Personal interests: event of interest, interest areas within our platforms (such as “Eat,” “Make,” “Live” and “Move;” we may ask you what is interesting about you or why you chose Planet Home.
- Views, opinions and interests: any comments, ratings, views or opinions that you choose to send to us, post via our Site, via a survey, or publicly post via Social Media Platforms. When you post comments or questions on our blog, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. We also may wish to post your testimonials, which may contain personal data, on our website or through social media. In such a scenario, we will obtain your consent via email prior to posting your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed, please contact us at [email protected]
- User generated content: Our users and third parties may generate content for our Site to support our cause and needs. You can post or upload user-generated content to communicate and interact with other users stored on our website.
Lawful basis for Processing Personal Data: In Processing your Personal Data in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy, we may rely on one or more of the following legal bases, depending on the circumstances:
- we have obtained your prior express consent to the Processing (this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way);
- the Processing is necessary in connection with any contract that you may enter into with us;
- the Processing is required by applicable law;
- the Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of any individual; or
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the Processing for the purpose of managing, operating or promoting our business, and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms.
Processing your Sensitive Personal Data: We do not seek to collect or otherwise Process your Sensitive Personal Data, except where:
- the Processing is required or permitted by applicable law (e.g., to comply with our diversity reporting obligations);
- the Processing is necessary for the detection or prevention of crime (including the prevention of fraud);
- the Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights; or
- we have, in accordance with applicable law, obtained your prior explicit consent prior to Processing your Sensitive Personal Data (as above, this legal basis is only used in relation to Processing that is entirely voluntary – it is not used for Processing that is necessary or obligatory in any way).
Purposes for which we may Process your Personal Data: The purposes for which we may Process Personal Data, subject to applicable law, include:
- Our Site: operating and managing our Site; aiding operations; providing content to you; displaying advertising and other information to you; communicating and interacting with you via our Site; and communicating with you through our email addresses listed on our platform, responding to your emails and store in our email clients for reading purposes.
- Provision of services to you: providing our Site and products and services to you; delivering our services to you; communicating with you in relation to those services (for example, for customer support or newsletters); recommending content that may be of interest to you and to enhance your experience on our website.
- Marketing communications: communicating with you via email, Social Media Platforms, Google, post or in person news, products and services items and other information in which you may be interested, advertising on Google; to support opt-in sales and marketing activities
- Communications and IT operations: management of our communications systems; operation of IT security; and IT security audits.
- Safety: safety assessments and record keeping; and compliance with related legal obligations.
- Financial management: to inform about sales activities; finance; corporate audit; and vendor management.
- Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our Site or our services.
- Improving our Site and our services: identifying issues with existing Site and our services; planning improvements to existing Site and our services; creating new Site and our services.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
We may disclose your Personal Data to:
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation;
- accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors to Planet Home, subject to obligations of confidentiality;
– third party Processors (such as IT service providers; payment processors; marketing service providers; web service providers, etc.), located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below in this Section (4);
– third parties involved in our event management, processing or surveys, such as Eventbride, Hubspot or Survey Monkey.
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal rights;
- any relevant party for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security.
Furthermore, we may disclose your Personal Data to any relevant third party acquirer(s), in the event that we sell or transfer all or any relevant portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
If we engage a third-party Processor to Process your Personal Data, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations to: (i) only Process the Personal Data in accordance with our prior written instructions; and (ii) use measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the Personal Data; together with any additional requirements under applicable law.
5. Other Non-Personal Data We May Process
We may create anonymous data records from Personal Data by excluding Personal Data (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our products and services and improve site navigation. Planet Home reserves the right to use for other purposes and to disclose anonymous data to third parties at its discretion.
6. Cookies and Automatically Collected Data
We also use navigational data like Uniform Resource Locators (URL) to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the solutions and information for which you searched and which you viewed. Like most Internet services, we automatically gather this Personal Data and store it in log files each time you visit our website or access your account on our network. To update your cookie settings, please use our cookie consent manager that automatically pops up when you visit our website.
7. International transfer of Personal Data
Because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your Personal Data to third parties as noted in Section (4) above, subject to binding contractual obligations, solely in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy. For this reason, we may transfer your Personal Data to other countries that may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in the country in which you are located.
8. Third Party Websites and Tools
Our provision of a link to any other website or location is for your convenience and does not signify our endorsement of such other website or location or its contents, products or services. When you click on such a link, you will leave our Site and go to another site. During this process, a third party may collect Personal Data from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content.
Similarly, some parts of our Site may include social media integrations (such as the Facebook “like” button or, widgets, such as the “share this” button or other Social Media buttons provided on our Site) or other third-party features (such as the embedded Soundcloud audio tracks).
9. Notice for California Consumers
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) requires businesses like Planet Home to provide the following additional information to you:
Categories of Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
No Sale of Personal Information
Planet Home does not sell your Personal Information.
Sharing Personal Information for a Business Purpose
You may exercise any of the rights listed under Section 14 of this policy and Planet Home will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
Additional California Disclosure
Planet Home does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Planet Home uses certain third party cookies and such third parties will obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Planet Home website from a certain IP address.
Note that some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, certain sites and browsers enable you to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
10. Data Security
You are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data that you send to us are sent securely.
11. Data Accuracy
We take every reasonable step to ensure that:
- your Personal Data that we Process is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; and
- any of your Personal Data that we Process that is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are Processed) are erased or rectified promptly.
From time to time we may ask you to confirm the accuracy of your Personal Data.
12. Data Minimization
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Data that we Process is limited to the Personal Data reasonably required in connection with the purposes set out in this Policy.
13. Data Retention
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to fulfill our legitimate purposes, including for the purposes of providing our products and services to you and satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept and the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure.
14. Your legal rights: Accessing, Updating and Deleting Your Personal Data
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights regarding the Processing of your Personal Data, including:
- the right to request access to, or copies of, your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- the right to request rectification of any inaccuracies in your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- the right to request, on legitimate grounds:
- erasure of your Personal Data that we Process or control (e.g., your account and/or profile information); or
- restriction of Processing of your Personal Data that we Process or control;
- the right to object, on legitimate grounds, to the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf;
- the right to have your Personal Data that we Process or control transferred to another Controller, to the extent applicable;
- where we Process your Personal Data on the basis of your express consent, the right to withdraw that consent (e.g., by opting out of email marketing, email user communications, and newsletters, or opting out of receiving communications via Hubspot)., and
- the right to lodge complaints with a Data Protection Authority regarding the Processing of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
To exercise one or more of these rights, or to ask a question about these rights or any other provision of this Policy, or about our Processing of your Personal Data, please use the contact details provided in Section (17) below or, when appropriate, edit your account profile.
17. Contact details
If you have any comments, questions or concerns about any of the information in this Policy, or any other issues relating to the Processing of Personal Data by Planet Home, please contact:
2443 Fillmore Street #345
San Francisco, CA 94115
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: (415) 226-9693
- ‘Controller’ means the entity that decides how and why Personal Data is Processed. In many jurisdictions, the Controller has primary responsibility for complying with applicable data protection laws.
- ‘Data Protection Authority’ means an independent public authority that is legally tasked with overseeing compliance with applicable data protection laws.
- ‘Personal Data’ means information that is about any individual, or from which any individual is identifiable. Examples of Personal Data that we may Process are provided in Section (3).
- ‘Process’, ‘Processing’ or ‘Processed’ means anything that is done with any Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- ‘Processor’ means any person or entity that Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller (other than employees of the Controller).
- ‘Sensitive Personal Data’ means Personal Data about race or ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, any actual or alleged criminal offenses or penalties, national identification number, or any other information that may be deemed to be sensitive under applicable law.
- ‘Social Media Platforms’ means Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and/or SoundCloud.