Planet Home creates immersive experiences that inspire us to change how we Eat, Make, Move, and Live Better on our planet.
We bring to life the world-changing solutions designed to help us all transform the Earth and address some of the world’s greatest challenges. We combine art, science, education and technology to create unforgettable experiences that not only raise awareness about the challenges we face, but also empower our audiences to become solutionists and take positive action in their lives, with their communities, for the planet.
We’re looking for creators to become solutionists and join our team!
Selected artists and creative teams will create an immersive art exhibit that will be featured in an upcoming Planet Home interactive experience Fall 2021.
The deadline to submit for interest and availability is June 24.
Countdown to Submission Deadline
Who You Are
We’re looking for artists who want to create impactful work, and want to translate global issues into fun, unique, innovative, solution-oriented educational experiences.
We’re putting together a team of art directors, producers, designers, and creatives to collaborate on building immersive exhibits.
If that sounds like you, join our team!
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for experiences that 1) address our planet’s greatest challenges by spotlighting solutions and 2) provide the inspiration and tools one needs to be part of collective action.
There is also an opportunity to submit interest to be a part of the core creative team.
The first step is submitting to our Call for Creators form (below).
Why Create With Us
- Showcase your work to our global audience through:
- Creating immersive installations at some of the world’s most iconic venues such as the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco
- Virtual displays before our online audience of over 1 million followers
- Create a transformative experience that inspires people to take action for the planet and future generations
- Get your work in front of an influential audience of global artists, business leaders, non-profits, and thought leaders from every industry
- Partner with forward-thinking businesses and nonprofits to create impactful exhibits
- Join Planet Home’s global network of Solutionists and gain exclusive access to upcoming events, showcases, and networking opportunities
What this is: Timeline and Next Steps
Interested in joining our team of creatives? We hope so!
The timeline for the current project is below.
— Fill out this Call for Creators form (Form closes June 24)
— If your interest and availability aligns, we will send you an NDA
— Sign the NDA
— After signing, we will send you a Request for Proposal
— Submit your Proposal (Due July 3)
— We will review and reach out if your proposal is selected. You will then advance into Phase 2
— If selected in Phase 2, you will enter into negotiations
— Creators whose negotiations align with the project will enter Phase 3 for contracting to be completed by July 15
— Build begins July 16, 2021
— The Planet Home Experience will open Fall 2021.
- If selected, the projects will receive funding and resources. We will be engaging creators / creative teams in one several ways:
- You just create an idea, then we build it
- You create the idea, and you build it
- full builds include the need to build the infrastructure to hold the experience
- You create an idea, we build it together
- You are a builder and help us build somebody else’s idea
- Depending on your level of engagement budgets will range. You’ll be given a deeper overview once you sign the NDA.
For teams operating in the Bay Area, we will be providing select creators build space who need it.
Having the opportunity to design for and create worlds within Planet Home is something I will always cherish. The organization and support across the teams really holds creativity in a way I haven’t seen and allows for an up leveling of what’s possible in turning imagination into experiences that can create change.
Planet Home really understands that the path to re-imagining our world is grounded on changing the story we tell about our planet. Creating immersive experiences for The Village last year was a dream. It felt like being part of something important, historical. Something that would really shift our perspective from me to we, from “Earth” to “Planet Home.
For us, planet home was an amazing opportunity to create an installation that intersected so many of our passions. We employed sculpture, theatrics, enchantment and experiential education to involve people in the myth and reality of plastic recycling. Through this we connected with many great people and had lots fun in the process
Planet home was a transformative experience to take part in – not being limited to current anthropocentric and dystopian narrative troupes, we imagined regenerative futures for all of life through experiential installations. I felt energized by sharing my knowledge and philosophy around bioplastics, which since then has inspired others to engage with this material and integrate it into their lives, and consider bioplastic packaging for their companies, moving towards sustainable practices on a large scale.