Visual Editor@ Los Angeles, California
Planet Home is looking for a passionate, creative individual with high-end digital design skills to help bring our Solutions Platform to life. The ideal candidate will be responsible for everyday graphic design and animation tasks, crafting visually engaging experiences cohesive to the brand. About Planet Home: Planet Home, LLC. is an environmental solution-focused platform created by and for thinkers and change-makers who are dedicated to solving our planet’s greatest challenges. We gather people of diverse backgrounds to create, discover, and celebrate world-changing ideas and innovations that address major issues faced by our ecosystem: climate, water, energy, waste, and biodiversity. Through non and for-profit investments, immersive events and compelling content, we educate, empower and inspire others to build a greener, more sustainable future for the world we live in. Our goal is to connect our global community to data-driven solutions through engaging, accessible resources to help people make a positive impact on the environment through their everyday actions. Basic Function of the Position: The Planet Home visual editor creates and edits engaging content that is disseminated across various channels including, but not limited to: print, television, digital, and social. Planet Home visual editors produce error-free content and edit their own work with attention-to-detail. They will often balance many projects at once and seamlessly contribute to multiple aspects of the company’s marketing mix.
A successful Visual Editor will possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximize the talents of their team and collaborate with the graphic design and marketing departments to deliver engaging content that meets the expectations of our customers. They should be extremely versatile, creative, dedicated, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Duties of this position include:
- Produce fresh, innovative work that translates complex ideas into compelling print materials and digital experiences for visually sophisticated audiences.
- Translate Planet Home’s needs and branding strategies into design strategies
- Design visual concepts using graphic design tools including design software.
- Select colors, fonts, photographs, layouts and other design elements to communicate creative concepts.
- Collaborate with art director, branding experts, front end developers, marketing, content and other professionals to create media.
- Articulate and pitch design concepts to PH team, art director and others.
- Develop high-engagement social media visual content that reflects our brand’s voice.
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Sales to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive visual concepts.
- Develop creative, strategic, and unique sales material as well as proposals to secure new and expanded business opportunities.
- Coordinate internal efforts to successfully deliver projects from the initial proposal and concept stage through the production, sales, and servicing phases.
- Review and approve visual assets developed by the team in a timely manner, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges.
- Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing and brand tracking techniques, market trends, and consumer needs.
- Direct brainstorming meetings and creative sessions, using strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Participate in all Pre and Post-Event Preparation Calls and Meetings.
- Utilize effective and accurate forecasting, pipeline management, and contracting.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage members of the creative team to ensure goals are achieved.
Required Skills And Experience
- Proven experience with creating graphics and demonstrated animation skills including mastery of relevant animation software.
- Direct experience with film editing.
- Direct experience with Adobe after effects
- Demonstrated experience with inverse image editing skills and visual resourcing.
- Demonstrated portfolio of showing creative, design and software skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communications, advertising, marketing and/or other relevant fields.
- Minimum 5 years PR/Marketing/Advertising agency experience with a proficient understanding of the hierarchy of production.
- A minimum of 5 years digital experience, particularly with but not limited to web, social and emerging technologies.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop effective presentations, emails, and proposals.
- Experience working with multiple accounts/departments simultaneously, including managing multiple deadlines and design parameters across platforms.
- Demonstrated success in managing a business social media presence including knowledge of nuances of social media.
- Experience in producing visual assets for digital, print and broadcast channels.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models.
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker.
- Must be comfortable operating and executing at the intersection of art and commerce.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to devote high attention to detail, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to address multiple tasks and unforeseen developments which require level headedness and purpose.
- Ability to recognize and respect organizational protocols and procedures.
- A solid understanding of design, copy and web practices.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules; some weekends and travel is required.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with the Sustainability Space, Tech Industry and/or Trade Shows
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Google Suite, Airtable, Egnyte and other technology platforms
- The successful candidate is confident, assertive, flexible, very detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking
- The successful candidate will be required to work well under pressure in a time-critical environment, maintain a positive “can-do” attitude, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to motivate others
- This individual must be a self-starter, able to make sound business decisions, be a creative problem-solver and able to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- A steadfast commitment to, and demonstration of unselfishness, meaningful contribution to the team by providing other departments with pertinent and timely reports, news and requests
- Occasionally may be required to lift up to 20 pounds