Senior Creative@ Los Angeles, California
JOB TITLE: Senior Creative HIRING TIMELINE: Immediate
About Planet Home: Planet Home, LLC. is an environmental solution-focused platform created by and for thinkers and change-makers who are dedicated to solving our planet’s greatest challenges. We gather people of diverse backgrounds to create, discover, and celebrate world-changing ideas and innovations that address major issues faced by our ecosystem: climate, water, energy, waste, and biodiversity.
Through non and for-profit investments, immersive events, and compelling content, we educate, empower, and inspire others to build a greener, more sustainable future for the world we live in. Our goal is to connect our global community to data-driven solutions through engaging, accessible resources to help people make a positive impact on the environment through their everyday actions.
Basic Function of the Position:
The role of the Senior Creative revolves around oversight of the activities of the content department, topic generation, as well as working closely with the content team in the creation of excellent day to day experiences for the consumers and other audiences through digital web and social media content. The Senior Creative is responsible for daily graphic design needs of Planet Home. The Senior Creative is a conceptual, strategic thinker and a collaborative team player. An excellent storyteller and presenter, the senior creative can articulate ideas succinctly and compellingly. This person will oversee high-value brand pitches and is therefore responsible for managing the full creative process - from conceptualization, to pitch, and through execution. Strong communication skills with both internal and external parties is key. Ultimately, the creative team (including you) is multifaceted and responsible for elevating and evolving Planet Home’s brand vision to develop co-branded partnership opportunities and proposals for our brand partners. The creative team does a wide variety of work including but not limited to: developing custom content programs for internal initiatives and brand partners, creatively integrating brand partners into Planet Home and editorial initiatives, and innovating on new content formats. The team is highly creative, curious, and collaborative. We thrive in self sufficiency and personal ownership over work. Duties of this position include:
- Hands-on creative direction for experiential, digital and traditional creative in the event space across editorial, social, and video.
- Responsible for elevating and evolving Planet Home’s brand vision to present and clearly, concisely articulate vision and strategy behind ideas to executive level clients and internal stakeholders to successfully use your voice to translate concepts into impactful proposals and programs.
- Actively develop creative and unique creative material (marketing, content, web design, etc.); participate in design critiques/reviews and product discussions.
- In charge of developing custom content programs and proposals for brand partners, creatively integrating brand partners into Planet Home and editorial initiatives, and innovating on new content formats including various executions such as; editorial and photo features, social-first initiatives, and video series.
- Work directly with other creatives and cross-functional teams to concept, develop, and present new brand partner ideas and programs.
- Guide, motivate, and mentor to ensure your team members perform at their peak and grow professionally. Lead and inspire teams to continually raise the creative bar and stay curious.
- Educate and inspire colleagues from other departments to help them understand, protect, and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients.
- Come well versed and with a passion for researching market developments and industry trends to identify potential partnership opportunities.
- Create ideas that can become scalable executions (and revenue streams) in the future. Be willing and able to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
- Manage content strategy to properly align digital content with the company’s overall goals and specific objectives for each of the company’s products and services.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Managers, Copywriter, Graphic Designers and other graphic artists on images, icons, banners, audio, etc.
- Maintain and provide ongoing design of the website, promos and ad banners, seasonal content updates, special promotion materials, etc.
- Effectively communicate user interaction through deliverables such as wireframes and prototypes
- Wireframe and mockup user interfaces with your design application of choice or in the browser (when appropriate)
Design web and mobile application interfaces and interactions Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of Creative experience (art direction) including graphic design
- 5+ years leading, managing and supervising creatives
- Deep understanding of the live-streaming, digital, video, social, content & technology space within event space culture
- Track record of successful delivery of highly impactful creative on-time and within budget
- Expert in pitching and winning new business
- Proficient in experiential creative development
- Experience with design imaging, including a web and multimedia design portfolio
- Proven track record in content management and editing both video and audio material
- Possess acumen in multimedia programming and technology
- Associates degree in computer technology, website design, graphic design, or related area preferred or commensurate experience
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Paint Shop Pro, Flash, XML-based web applications and programming, XHTML programming, and other web development languages and technologies
- You're proficient in handcrafting HTML and CSS (particularly HTML5 and CSS3)
- Must be able to work cross-functionally across multiple departments at a leadership level
- Thrive in fast-paced and creatively demanding environment with ability to balance many projects at once under tight deadlines and production schedules
Deep understanding and love of popular culture and with an ability to create work that speaks to the tastes of a variety of audiences Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with the Tech and/or Environmental industries
- Familiarity working with a variety of operating systems such as Windows, Macintosh and Unix
- Knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite, Airtable, Egnyte and other technology platforms
- Passion for the environment and protecting the planet
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Adobe Creative, Keynote, and Google Slides
Please provide the following information:
- Cover letter
- Link to your portfolio
- Linkedin profile