Partnership Sales Associate@ Los Angeles, California
JOB TITLE: Partnership Sales Associate
Planet Home is looking for an experienced and passionate partnership sales associate who will be responsible for owning the entire sales lifecycle from outreach to delivery. This position requires someone who can build an event-specific sales plan that includes outreach plans and execution, meetings and revenue goal setting. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of sales success with expertise selling in the green marketing space. The position is 100% over the phone inside sales. Our team is talented and efficient, so we are looking for a partnership sales associate who can work effectively in a high caliber team that delivers results and shares our passion for providing the best customer experience for our key sponsor partners.
We're looking for someone who isn't scared of the unknown and likes pushing the envelope. No day will look the same, but you will always be expected to rise to the occasion, overcome challenges, and successfully meet and exceed sales goals on a regular basis.
- Prospect and drive new business opportunities
- Responsible for the sales process, bringing in new partnerships and connecting with previous partners
- Own and manage the accounts throughout the complete sales lifecycle including setting and meeting goals on key performance indicators, conversions, and customer retention
- Develop a successful follow up routine for new business development and maintain continuous dialog, both with prospects as well as existing customers
- Build trust and relationships with prospective and current clients, addressing their needs effectively and understanding customers goals/initiatives
- Maintain accurate weekly forecasts within our CRM database
- Confidently present Planet Home’s event portfolio
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to illustrate progress; CRM focused for transparency to all relevant team members
- Work with senior management to identify and manage risks
- Own the accounts you manage and take responsibility for their success or failure
- Be a positive contributor and team player
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or equivalent field; sponsorship sales experience preferred
- 3-5 years sales experience, ideally in an events environment
- Proven presentation, writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills with comfort in presenting to senior executives
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain good relationships with current and prospective clients
- Excellent organizational skills including multitasking, attention to detail and time management
- Dynamic self starter with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment while being self motivated within a high energy engaged team
- Knowledge of productivity tools and CRM software; Hubspot strongly preferred
An uncanny ability to negotiate, break down barriers and get deals done Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity and/or experience with the green marketing space
- Tradeshow and/or conference sales experience a plus
- Passion for connecting and growing with the next generation of planet-conscious business leaders and marketers
- The successful candidate is confident, assertive, flexible, very detail-oriented and capable of multitasking.
- The successful candidate will be required to work well under pressure in a time-critical environment, maintain a positive “can-do” attitude, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to motivate others.
- A steadfast commitment to, and demonstration of unselfishness, meaningful contribution to the team by providing other departments with pertinent and timely reports and requests.
- Passion for the environment and protecting the planet
About Planet Home:
Planet Home, LLC. is an environmental solution-focused platform created by and for thinkers and change-makers who are dedicated to solving our planet’s greatest challenges. We gather people of diverse backgrounds to create, discover, and celebrate world-changing ideas and innovations that address major issues faced by our ecosystem: climate, water, energy, waste, and biodiversity.
Through non and for-profit investments, immersive events, and compelling content, we educate, empower, and inspire others to build a greener, more sustainable future for the world we live in. Our goal is to connect our global community to data-driven solutions through engaging, accessible resources to help people make a positive impact on the environment through their everyday actions.