Enterprise Architect@ Los Angeles, California
Planet Home is looking for an experienced and detail oriented Enterprise Architect to assist in the operations of the organization. The Enterprise Architect’s responsibilities include improving the current IT infrastructure, overseeing internal and external IT security, optimizing business operations, and setting the direction and approach for integrating information applications and programs. This person is also responsible for cataloging, developing, coordinating, communicating, maintaining and enforcing overall enterprise architecture models, representations, initiatives, capabilities and components to adequately perform the organization’s business and technology activities. Our team is talented and efficient, so we are looking for an Enterprise Architect who can work effectively in a high caliber team that delivers results.
We're looking for someone who isn't scared of the unknown and likes pushing the envelope. No day will look the same, but you will always be expected to rise to the occasion and overcome challenges on a regular basis. You have excellent technical, analytical and project management skills. You also have strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evaluate internal functions, business development strategies, and IT processes and suggest improvements
- Develop and maintain the technical architecture to drive IT solutions for Planet Home
- Create business architecture models to reflect Planet Home’s strategies and goals and create and implement business visions and goals
- Suggest ideas to reduce costs in IT to business leadership
- Ensure that a security focus is implemented
- Work with sales to implement new ideas and provide technical support to the team
- Research emerging trends and ideas
- Organize training to improve employee’s knowledge and skills for future organizational growth
- Provide business architecture and systems processing guidance
- Ensure the efficiency, security and support of Planet Home’s goals
- Create methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management and change control
- Determine and implement build versus buy strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of architectural methodologies and frameworks to implement strategies effectively
- Direct experience developing and managing large scale digital products
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and translating market and customer behavior into tangible product requirements
- Experience in system architecture, modeling and graphic representations
- Excellent technical, analytical and project management skills
- Innate ability to influence and inspire people (both others and yourself) to get excited about ideas and projects
- Demonstrated, solid people skills and the ability to collaborate and communicate with people, motivating them to get things done and improve their efforts
- Ability to see a situation, break it down into its components, and understand how and why it works the way it does and how that could be changed
- Ability to successfully join seemingly different things together so that they create a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts
- The successful candidate is confident, assertive, flexible, very detail-oriented and capable of multi-tasking
- The successful candidate will be required to work well under pressure in a time-critical environment, maintain a positive “can-do” attitude, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to motivate others
- A steadfast commitment to, and demonstration of unselfishness, meaningful contribution to the team by providing other departments with pertinent and timely reports, news and requests
Planet Home, LLC. is an environmental, solution-focused platform composed of different thinkers and makers dedicated to creating impactful innovations that solve some of our planet’s greatest challenges.
We gather people of diverse backgrounds to connect, create, discover and celebrate world-changing ideas that address the biggest challenges we believe face us today: climate, water, energy, waste, and biodiversity. Today, we do this through non and for-profit investments, immersive events and compelling content designed to educate and inspire action.